BEYOND THE ADVANCED PSYCHIATRIC SOCIETY- A COLLECTIVE RESEARCH/ OLTRE LA SOCIETA' PSICHIATRICA AVANZATA- UNA RICERCA COLLETTIVA


cerca nel blog

giovedì 14 giugno 2012

Dear A.- mystification, confusion (conflict) [A letter, june 13, 2012]


Dear A., I have read extensive portions of your essay (it is quite long, and I was in a hurry to understand). It is certainly fascinatingly original and bright (the originality of the guy who just says the king is naked after all). Funny how in scientifical writings, in psychological literature so much distortion, denial, cover-up occurs. Funny and somewhat tragic. As for me, I still have with me the copy of Aaron Esterson's 'Foglie di primavera'- 'Leaves of spring'- I bought in '74 perhaps. I have myself written a lenghty essay (in Italian, too bad) on 'Sartre, existential psychoanalysis and antipsychiatry' (going from 'Nausea' to Sartre's mescaline trip to Laing/Cooper, Basaglia, Heidelberg's SPK). A deep veil of silence and disinformazija has fallen on so many things (both good and bad- it was no paradise on earth). Luckily there is somewhere honesty of thought and research, compassion, and vital energies too (I did study, love and translate too William Blake)- bodies and minds, with desire to live, create, find, love. So it's not just a fight against shadows (lies, psychopharmacology deified, the DSM reduction not just of mental diseases but of human experience as such and so on and on), though sometimes the fog is really deep and disheartening.
Giacomo

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento