BEYOND THE ADVANCED PSYCHIATRIC SOCIETY- A COLLECTIVE RESEARCH/ OLTRE LA SOCIETA' PSICHIATRICA AVANZATA- UNA RICERCA COLLETTIVA


cerca nel blog

martedì 9 ottobre 2012

Thomas Wyatt, 'They flee from me'/ 'Fuggono via da me'







They flee from me that sometime did me seek
With naked foot, stalking in my chamber.
I have seen them gentle, tame, and meek,
That now are wild and do not remember
That sometime they put themself in danger
To take bread at my hand; and now they range,
Busily seeking with a continual change.


Thanked be fortune it hath been otherwise
Twenty times better; but once in special,
In thin array after a pleasant guise,
When her loose gown from her shoulders did fall,
And she me caught in her arms long and small;
Therewithall sweetly did me kiss
And softly said, “Dear heart, how like you this?”


It was no dream: I lay broad waking.
But all is turned thorough my gentleness
Into a strange fashion of forsaking;
And I have leave to go of her goodness,
And she also, to use newfangleness.
But since that I so kindly am served
I would fain know what she hath deserved.




Fuggono via da me quelle che un tempo 
Caute e in punta di piedi da me entravano; 
Arrendevoli e docili eran quelle
Che ora sono selvagge; 
non ricordano

Le volte che incuranti del pericolo 
Correvano a mangiar dalle mie mani: E ora cercan d'altri, come cani. 

Ma, se dio vuole, un tempo era diverso, 
Migliore venti volte; una, ricordo, 
Tutta velata, e di piacente aspetto, 
Quando la veste le cascò di dosso,
E mi serrò fra le sue snelle braccia , 
E dolcemente mi baciò, e mi disse: 
"Amore mio, che cosa te ne pare?"

Giuro che non fu un sogno, ero ben desto; 
Ma tutto si mutò, col mio consenso,
In uno strano modo di lasciarsi:
Libero io d’andarmene impunito,
Lei di seguire questo nuovo andazzo.
Io però son rimasto ben servito,
Ma lei, mi chiedo, che ci ha guadagnato? 
(trad. Fiornando Gabbrielli)



http://libgen.info/view.php?id=623352  [David Daiches, A Critical History of English Literature: From the Beginnings to Milton v. 1]








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento